The inventory provides a description, standard & condition of the fixtures and fittings of the property together with a schedule of the condition of the décor, flooring, windows,
woodwork & heating including the garage and gardens/external areas. We also push button test any smoke alarms & carbon monoxide alarms within the property. All our documents have digital photographs integrated at no extra cost.
ALL OUR REPORTS INCLUDE DIGITAL PHOTGRAPHS AT NO EXTRA COST
- We understand the stress and difficulties landlords and tenants can undergo when disputing any dilapidations or damages, so as an independent company we are impartial and unbiased in our in depth reports which helps to clearly identify any issues and reduce disputes between the two parties.
- Our inventories are compiled to be practical and easy to understand!
Independent Inventory Services offers a check in service to check tenants into the property at the beginning of a tenancy with a detailed and non-biased inventory report.
We will go through the inventory report with the tenant and note down the tenants comments and occasionally if any the amendments or areas of concern the tenant may have.
- In addition we will agree the meter readings, the number and type of keys being handed over and the level of cleanliness assessed & included on the report.
We will also push button test any smoke alarms & carbon monoxide alarms with the tenant(s).
The check in report will be signed by both the tenant and clerk. Also we will obtain a signed copy of the inventory from the tenant which will be forwarded to the landlord/agent.
Another copy will also be provided and retained by the tenant. Digital photographs will also be provided to support the written report.
- This report provides a solid start to the tenancy to ensure both landlord & tenant start the renting process positively. A good way to explain first hand to the
tenant what is expected at check-out to avoid potential cleaning & deposit disputes
Interim Visit/Periodic Check
- Independent Inventory Services conduct these at regular intervals as instructed, and provides a report on the condition and cleanliness of the property during a tenancy. It is normally conducted with the tenant present at a time agreeable to the tenant, and this gives the tenant an opportunity to highlight any maintenance issues they may have.
- The report will also highlight any problems that the landlord should be concerned about during tenancy and as with all our reports includes digital photographs in support of the report. This process ensures trust on both sides and highlights the intentions to conduct the tenancy in an acceptable manner by both parties. This procedure can also assist in reducing any disputes or nasty surprises that may come the end of the tenancy.
- At check out a report will be compiled upon termination of the tenancy. Cleanliness, damages & maintenance will all be noted as required in a simple easy to understand format along with integrated digital photographs as standard. Where possible, the tenant will be present to sign the report and understand what, if any deductions may be made from their deposits. Keys will be collected & logged & final meter readings taken.
- An EPC is now a legal requirement when renting or selling your house. We are also approved Domestic Energy Assessors who can produce the EPC.
The EPC needs to be available to potential buyers or tenants as soon as you start to market your property. EPCs tell you how energy efficient a property is and give it a rating from an A to G Scale.
- MEES (Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards) – All rented property (unless by special exemption), must have an energy rating of an “E” or above.
Vacant Property Inspection
- Very similar to an interim inspection but carried out when the property is vacant. It is now becoming more common for insurance companies to ask that a property that is going to be empty for a short period to be inspected on a regular basis to ensure the insurance is valid. This entails us visiting the property carrying out various checks and photos and issuing a report which consists of a summary of the condition of the property, highlighting any damages, damp or bursts that could occur while properties are vacant. We also record meter readings while conducting the vacant inspection.
• Legionella Risk Assessments
- Legionnaires' Disease is a pneumonia like illness caused by the Legionella bacteria and can be fatal. The infection is caused by breathing in small droplets of water contaminated by the bacteria. The disease cannot be passed from one person to another.
- Legionella bacteria are found in the natural environment and may contaminate and grow in water systems, including domestic hot and cold water systems. They survive low temperatures and thrive at temperatures between 20 - 45°C if the conditions are right. They are killed by high temperatures at 60°C or above.
- Landlords are under a duty to ensure that the risk of exposure to tenants, residents and visitors by Legionella is properly assessed and controlled.
- We are qualified and accredited to carry out Legionella Risk Assessments, provided you with a comprehensive report.